Despite what you may read in the trendiest kitchen and interior design magazines, updating the look of your kitchen really does not have to cost you an arm or a leg. There are 7 simple and inexpensive ways to give your kitchen a brand new look.
Even the smallest of changes to our kitchen, layout or decor can create a big effect on how you kitchen looks. You can get ideas about what you to incorporate into your kitchen decorating and remodeling project from books, magazines, and internet sites dealing with kitchen design ideas.
Here are 7 relatively low cost kitchen-decorating ideas to help you along:
1. Rather than buying new kitchen cabinets try replacing the cabinet doors and fronts. After all you only see the front of the kitchen cabinet, never inside unless the door is open.
2. Painting your cabinets in a lighter shade whilst changing their hardware, such as knobs, handles, or pulls.
4. Using color to renovate the kitchen is another example of inexpensive kitchen decorating. You can paint your walls and cabinets. When it comes to painting your existing cabinetry, you can use decorative finishes. Some examples are creating a distressed finish to add an aged look, and faux and glazed finishes. These are all simple to do and cost effective.
5. Another area of the kitchen you can easily update is the taps and sink. It is possible to locate moderately priced sinks from £120-500.
Franke Ariane ARX160 1.5 Sink and Plumbing Kit, Left Hand Small Bowl, Brushed Steel
They are also available in many colors, and styles. Porcelain, stainless steel, and acrylic are the materials that are available for sinks. For taps, you will find that they are available in many styles and finishes, and depending on the type of faucet can range in price from £80 to £350.
Franke Ascona Kitchen Tap
6. Another great affordable idea in kitchen decorating is to add a kitchen island. Kitchen islands are great for adding more counter space to the kitchen and provide a gathering place. If you do not have enough money or space to add a permanent kitchen island, but would like to have the advantages of one, you might consider as an alternative getting a kitchen cart.
Industrial Style Serving / Drinks Trolley
A kitchen cart can have wheels for rolling around, as well as have drawers, shelves, and places to hang utensils. Because they are on wheels they can be cleared out the way.
Peterfield Oak Storage Bench with 4 Crate Drawers
7. If your kitchen-decorating budget is so small that you can only afford to remodel a small area of your kitchen you might consider adding a kitchen splashback. A new kitchen splashback can really dress up a drab, uninspiring kitchen. Kitchen splashbacks are available in so many different styles, colors, and materials. The materials used for splashbacks can include, wood, porcelain, natural stone, glass, stainless steel, and even wallpaper. The costs vary depending on the material you select.
So you can see that redecorating your kitchen can be a simple thing like changing the hardware on your existing cabinetry or painting the walls. Just one small change can do a lot to make your kitchen look brand new.